A Special College for Special People
This breakthrough initiative, which is unique to Alei Siach, provides higher education for adults with special needs. Our special college opens a window of opportunities for the population of special-needs adults in the religious community, and allows for personal development, cognitive development, knowledge enrichment, professional advancement and community integration in a positive and empowering way. This equal opportunity to study and advance enables them to reach places they never could have dreamed of before.
These courses take place in local colleges. Classes are structured in small groups, and are separate for men and women. Selecting courses of study for each student is done with a lot of thought and collaborative staff work that includes all necessary professionals: special-education specialists, social workers, vocational advisors, academic advisors, didactic testers, and others.
- Photography – with the cooperation of the Oman School of Art
- Ceramics – with the cooperation of the Oman School of Art
- Office Training – with the cooperation of the Lomda Institute
- Computers – with the cooperation of the Lomda Institute
- Introduction to Psychology: the art of living – with the cooperation of Michlelet Bayit Vegan
- Lifeskills – with the cooperation of Michlelet Bayit Vegan
- Introduction to the work life
- Written communication
- Visual communication
- The computerized warehouse
- Maintenance and practical management of yeshivot and shuls
- And more